View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 03:10 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 5

To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.

~Chinese proverb

We're going down a new road - in our recovery and in our lives. We don't know the road. We only know we're on the right one, because our Higher Power led us here. We ask for help from those who already know the road. We ask our sponsor, "How far is it until I get done feeling guilty?" "How far to self-love?" "How bumpy is the road when I’m at Step Four?"

We need the help of people who have been in the program. They tell us where to slow down because this part of the trip is beautiful. Someday, maybe today, we too will be called on to guide others.
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, You've put me on this road. You've also put others on this road. Let them be my guides. Let my guides become my friends.
Action for the Day

Today I'll find someone who has been in the program two or more years longer than me. I'll ask that person what the road ahead is like.

Today's reading is from the book Keep it Simple: Daily Meditations for Twelve Step Beginnings and Renewal*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: