View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 06:08 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 23

Life didn't promise to be wonderful.

~Teddy Pendergrass

Life doesn't promise us anything, except a chance. We have a chance to live any way we like. No matter how we choose to live, we'll have pain and we'll have joy. And we can learn from both.

Because of our recovery program, we can have life's biggest wonder - love. We share it in a smile, a touch, a phone call, or a note. We share it with our friends, our partners, our family. Life didn't promise to be wonderful, but it sure is full of little wonders! And we only have to open up and see them, feel them, and let them happen.
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me see the wonders of life today, in nature, in people's faces, in my own heart.
Action for the Day

I can help make wonderful things happen for others, with a smile, a greeting, a helping hand. What "little" things will I do for someone today?

Today's reading is from the book Keep it Simple: Daily Meditations for Twelve Step Beginnings and Renewal*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: