View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 06:39 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

Unthankfulness is theft.

~Martin Luther

Many of us have experienced a guest who tracked in dirt, ate our food, dirtied our dishes, took our time, whined and complained through the whole visit, and left without saying thank you. Such experiences leave us feeling angry and ripped off. We aren't eager to invite that person back to our home or to do any favors for him or her.

Let’s make sure we don't act like that bad guest. Let's be aware of the kind things people do for us every day - from greeting us with a smile or opening a door to preparing a meal or washing our clothes. Let's remember that we've been given the gift of sobriety and to daily offer prayers of gratitude. Let us look around the group and be grateful for those who offer us their stories and their hope. Higher Power, thank you! To my group, thank you! To life, thank you!
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, thank you for inviting me into your house and for the many wonderful gifts you have given me. Thank you for your love and the gift of sobriety.
Today's Action

Today I will call three group members and thank them for what they have given me.

Today's reading is from the book God Grant Me: More Daily Meditations from the Authors of Keep It Simple*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: