Thread: Loved by God
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

Loved by God Part 6 - Free Forever

by Gail Rodgers
It never seemed to be far from her mind. Though the years had passed the guilt had not. It had never become public knowledge and for that she was grateful. But the feeling of shame clung.

Oh yes, she understood God loved her and had even forgiven her. But condemnation often crept into her thoughts so unexpectedly. Would she never be free of it even though she knew Jesus?
The verse leapt off the page. Could this be true… for her? She read it over.
“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1
Yes! All of a sudden it made new sense to her. She was God’s child. She had accepted Jesus forgiveness. There was no longer any condemnation for her! This verse told her that through Jesus she was set free! She underlined it in her Bible. The next time guilt threatened to overtake her and drag her down, she turned to the underlined words and breathed a prayer of thankfulness that condemnation was no longer a part of her identity.
Jesus has forgiven you and you can finally let go of the self condemnation that has held you too long. He has set you free! Whenever the doubts nibble at the edge of your mind, say out loud this verse of God’s promise.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
You have forgiven my past. Thank you. I release to you the condemnation that I so often dwell on in my own soul. Thank you that condemnation is not a part of my identity as a follower of Jesus. Thank you that through you I am set free! Please help me to set my mind on the amazing truth of your word and live in the victory you have given me.
In the name of Jesus, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote