Thread: Loved by God
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

Loved by God Part 10 - Never Alone

by Gail Rodgers
Susan would never have believed she could feel so lonely. The recent turn of events in her life left her feeling isolated and so alone!

Oh there were lots of faces to say a cheery “Good morning” too in the halls at work. But her soul longed for a friend. Someone to understand and share her journey with as she experienced these new changes and faced the loss she was feeling. She knew she was God’s child… but she did not understand why the loneliness was almost suffocating her. Each night she read her Bible before going to sleep. Tonight the words nearly flow off the page…
“Jesus said, “I no longer call you servants… Instead I have called you friends”. John 15:15
She let the words sink in for a few minutes. God had sent Jesus to be not only her Savior, but also her friend… and she could sure use a friend now! “Oh Jesus”, her heart cried out, “I need your friendship right now. Thank you that you see me as a friend. And she began to pour out the pain and the loneliness of her soul to him. As she turned out the light and talked long into the dark to her Friend, a comfort settled over her soul, the comfort of the Holy Spirit. The verse she had learned at her ladies Bible study last winter played in her mind as sleep came:
“Casting all your care on Him for He cares for you.” I Peter 5:7
Do you experience loneliness in the depths of your soul? Jesus calls himself your friend. Talk to him, pour your heart out to him, and ask for his strength and his wisdom. Invite him into every situation and decision and your life will take on a fullness that you never knew was possible. He will be true to his word. He calls you “Friend”!
prayer & reflection

Dear Father in Heaven,
Thank you for sending Jesus to be my Friend and my Savior. Help me today to remember that He is with me in every step I take. Help me to invite him into every decision and situation I face today. Please take the deep loneliness of my soul and comfort me with your Holy Spirit. Help me to grow today in my relationship with you and in trusting you to be my Friend.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote