View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 4

EXPECT JOY

"We absolutely insist on enjoying life." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 132

"Please, Lord, please give us success." Psalm 118: 25

For what it's worth: Dread and despair were the start of every day of the last years of my drinking. Death would have been welcome, but would not come. I cursed God each new day I had to exist. Yet, He was patient and forgiving, ready to accept me and love me just as I was when I finally came through the doors of Alcoholics Anonymous. Only the grace of God kept me sober long enough to begin enjoying life. It has been a long journey, up and down mountains, even in and out of caves. Along the way it seemed to me that God granted success in direct proportion to surrender and joy in direct proportion to giving. My days now begin with gratitude and hope. I expect a joyful day because I plan to surrender my will to God's and give back as much as I can during the day. Still being weak at this, of course, I have to ask my Heavenly Father for help.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: