View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Alkiespeaks

I'd call him up and say; Norm, my prograam ain't working.' He'd say, 'Yea, why don't you try ours.' - Johnny H.
This reminds me of my first meeting. A Native American woman lived next door to me at the YWCA. I think I have told this somewhere else on the board. She said, "My ride cancelled (lie) and I am nervous (lie) about going on the bus alone (lie) and I have to speak and I am really nerveous about going on my own (lie) to do this, would you go with me and support me. Good old me, sure A.... (sucker) I am shocked, surprised, never heard anything like this, talk about guns, knives, and horror stories, this is the woman who said she was nervous about going on the bus alone who says she carries a knife in her boot, I don't think so. I walked out of that meeting, and I said, Gee A...., that would have been a good program for my dad, he might not have died like he did, and if my husband had a program like that, our marriage might have worked. Absolutely, no identification for myself. About a year later, I walked into a Women's discussion meeting, she was there, she got up, walked over to me, put her arms around me and said, "Thank God, you lived long enough to make it."

The program works if you work for the program.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote