View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 3

BLESSINGS FROM CARING MOTIVES

“Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 86

"But I know! I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve." Jeremiah 17:10

For what it's worth: The drink dominated my thinking so that my motives were always to satisfy my need for alcohol. I did not realize this fact until I was sober in Alcoholics Anonymous. The First Step revealed the depth of control alcohol had on me, even mandating my motives. The Second Step gave me hope my mind would be free of alcoholism’s control. And so it is as I daily turn my will and my life over to God's care in the Third Step. First thing each day now for many sober years, I ask God to direct my thinking, and throughout the day He and I examine my motives. Correction is needed often, and I ask for His grace to improve. My Heavenly Father and I work on this daily, and I know He puts good will and concern for others in my heart and mind because I sense the blessings He gives with this.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: