View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 13

INFINITELY MORE

"We found the Great Reality deep down within us." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 55

"Glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20

For what it's worth: God would not let go. I tried to escape, but He was always there deep down within me, even during my darkest days. And He still is. Back during my drinking, I did not welcome God's whispers. It felt like He was nagging me with his constant attempts to save me from myself and my alcoholism. Today I welcome the way He encourages me with His soft and gentle words and holds my soul in His strong hands. The emptiness of my drunk, dark days of despair is gone. I have “found the Great Reality deep down within” me, and I have experienced the life-changing miracles He accomplishes. I say “thank you, Lord”, knowing how inadequate it is compared to blessings infinitely more than this once no-good drunk would ever dare to ask or hope.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: