View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

No matter what happens in today is worth picking up a mind altering substance. Substitution did NOT work, I ended up using both and more.

No such thing as just a little bit alcoholic. I can not drink safely. If I have or think a couple of drinks, I am thinking of two bottles.

Does not matter what you drink, some could not drink what they called the hard stuff, I could not handle beer, did NOT like the smell or the taste. Someone once told me that after three it gets better, I could never get by the first one. A good reason to convince me I was NOT an alcoholic.

It did not matter that I could match my ex-husband drink for drink with him drinking beer and me drinking rye and coca-cola, and it was me who drove home, walked a straight line, and his friend said that he had never seen me drunk. You can not walk into the Legion at noon and close it at night and be sober, even if you went home for dinner and came back.

My mind could talk me into anything. Justify my behaviour and rationalize why I did it. One of the reasons that I was one of the really sick ones.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: