View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 AM   #32
yukonm
Administrator

August 30

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Many doctors and psychiatrists agree with our conclusions. One of these men, staff member of a world renowned hospital, recently made this statement to some of us: 'What you say about the general hopelessness of the average alcoholic's plight is, in my opinion, correct. As to two of you men, whose stories I have heard, there is no doubt in my mind that you were 100% hopeless, apart from divine help. Had you offered yourselves as patients at this hospital, I would not have taken you, if I had been able to avoid it. People like you are too heartbreaking. Though not a religious person, I have profound respect for the spiritual approach in such cases as yours. For most cases, there is virtually no other solution.' - Pg. 43 - More About Alcoholism

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Many of us have not gone this long without some kind of chemical for many years. We feel awkward, uncomfortable and in physical pain. It seems like too much is being asked of us. Sometimes we romanticize the 'good times' when we were using. But we must now trust that thousands of addicts have lived through this hour and go on to a better one.

God, as I understand You, show me that I can go to a better hour, day, and life!

The Next Right Action

My only job today is to take the next right action. I cannot solve my life in a day. I cannot erase my past in a day nor do I even want to. All I need to do is the task at hand as well and sincerely as I can. When I do that sincerely and daily, the rest takes care of itself. When I don 't I get overwhelmed with my own fears and pain and I eventually feel immobilized and stuck. I will not oneness about tomorrow because the only day I am in is today and the only moment I can do anything about is now.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Did you know that the word 'share' derives from the Old English word for 'shear' which means to cut or divide? To share with others means to divide your burden. Each time you share, you leave another little piece of the weight of your burden with them.

By sharing, I divide; by dividing, I lighten my load.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Chapter Five is called 'How It Works,' not 'Why Me?'

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

It feels so good to be alive and to be part of this universe.

No matter where I am in my life today, no matter what it is that I am doing, I know that I am growing richer and richer with love and with life.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

NUTS = Not Using The Steps. Mickey B.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote