View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, December 17, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.
—Erma Bombeck

The most precious time we will ever have we give away by doing volunteer chores to help others get more out of life. There is no material wage for this kind of work, but a host of emotional rewards. The height of volunteer giving is doing an act of kindness or love so quietly that none but ourselves will ever know we had a part in it.

What great humility this can bring to us, who live in a world where selfish people often insist on credit for all their deeds - often things they had nothing to do with.

All we need do is think of all we have received without deserving it or asking for it. By taking part in the giving end of life, we find the true wealth of our own generosity.

What secret gift can I give today?
A quiet prayer asking for blessings. Last night when I was going to bed, I realized I hadn't done much meditation and I grabbed a crystal deck of cards, said a prayer, put them under my pillow, ask for what I needed, got into bed and was only in bed about 5 minutes when it was my friend Sharon calling. She proceeded to tell me that I hadn't been doing enough meditation and asking for help for myself and it had been about others and not about me. Not me giving to others, me shutting off from others but putting up brick walls and erecting barriers blocking healing energies from getting to me. When you block the negative, you block the postive too. I was blocking my son's stuff, instead of dealing with and channeling the energy.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote