Thread: The 3 Cs
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
There's an old slogan (nicknamed "The Three C's") that says, "I didn't cause it, I can't control it, and I can't cure it." For me, it's a helpful one to remember, especially when people in my life are active in an addiction or are on a "dry high." It's useful in situations with non-addicts, too. Most human beings behave as they do for reasons that have little to do with us.

Original source unknonw to me, snagged from another site
This slogan I have always associated with Al-Anon. this is the first time I have ever heard the phrase 'dry high' and it struck home with me. A dry drunk, why not a dry addict.

The principles are the same. I just have to remember the person behind the disease and not take everything personal.

This is a post made in 2010

My son just left here today, and this made me think of how even though he isn't using today, he was Friday and Saturday. His energy is not good and I have to consider where he is coming from, a place of active addiction even though he isn't drunk or stoned in the moment. The thinking is there and he is quite often coming from his disease in thought and deed.

I have to look at my son and see him for who he is and remember where he is coming from and continue to pray for him, whether he wants me to or not.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote