Thread: Choices
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

In my honest opinion, everything is all positive and all negative. There is good and not so good to be found in everything. Rejecting something with checking it out of principles often leaves us without a lesson to learn or a place we can help someone turn their life around. As they say, "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

Even if something is positive, there is in all likely hood that there is negative to be found. I think it is only human nature. We are not perfect, we only aim toward perfection. So often I fall short, and then I have to work a Step Seven into my life.

I have freedom of choice. I have that choice as long as I don't pick up a drug, then that drug makes the choices for me. That drug is but a symptom of my disease, the problem is me. Drugs take many forms, alcohol, street drugs, prescription drugs, food, gambling, work/busy, exercise, religion, computers, relationships, and the list goes on and on. Anything that I put between me and who my God wants to be in today, becomes my god and drug of choice in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote