View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
LookingOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathylady View Post
Thanks for sharing your wise and hopeful message. I am feeling discouraged with my ability to fight my disease. It is patient and sooooo insidious. I will keep asking my Higher Power to guide my soul to be less willful and surrender again to my powerlessness.
I am there with you, but I think I have come to a point of surrender. God keeps telling me I cannot do this alone, that I need to surround myself with folks that can help.

BW makes some excellent points about AA. I was getting so tripped up. Now I realize there are well people in AA and people who are not well yet. I need to hone my focus in on a couple women with good sobriety time and good sense about the 12 steps and recovery and really take in what they say. If I hear some things that throw me or irritate me, I need to throw those things out.

AA can be our recovery family if we let it. (Or Celebrate Recovery, or any recovery support group that fits our needs). And when things seem to be moving too slow or not going my way, instead of quitting, I have to keep pressing in with guidance of my HP until I get what my recovery needs.

Blessings.