View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

THAT SINKING FEELING

“He had stepped from bridge to shore.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 56

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.” Luke 15:20

For what it’s worth: A sinking feeling lived in me for years with no shore in sight, not even a sign of rescue. As it turned out, I was looking in the wrong direction: down at myself, a drowning drunk. Once I looked to Alcoholics Anonymous, a miraculous rescue occurred, but I was too sick spiritually to recognize it. Later in sobriety, I saw clearly a Power greater than myself was yelling to me long before, trying to get my attention, somehow, despite my resistance, directing me to solid ground and sobriety. Once ashore in Alcoholics Anonymous, my God rushed to me and threw His loving arms around me, and held me close to His heart. I have had that sinking feeling return even sober in Alcoholics Anonymous. When it has, as soon as I jump up into my Heavenly Father’s arms, He kisses me and I am safe. It works every time.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: