View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:40 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 3

Prayer to Clear My Mind

Clear my mind of doubt, fear, worry, sadness, despair, lust, temptation, envy, jealousy, malice, pride and anything that stops me from becoming a better person daily. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Procrastination – is not acting when the time is right - is a self-defeating behavior. It produces anxiety, guilt, disharmony, and a nagging consciousness of the task that life is telling us it's time to do.

Is there something in your life you are avoiding because you don't want to face it? Is there a building anxiety from putting this off?

So ............

Trust and listen to yourself, your Higher Power. Watch for signs and signals. If it is time to do something, do it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Acceptance is not submission

Powerlessly watching our lives go by was common for many of us, and our feelings of powerlessness escalated the more idle we were.

The courage to take action, to make decisions that will benefit us as well as the people who are close to us, is a gift of recovery. Also, courage to accept what we cannot change, believing that all will be well, courage to change in ourselves what we do have control over, is a by product of our spiritual progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surrender

On the face of it, surrendering certainly does not seem like winning. But it is in AA

Only after we have come to the end of our rope, hit a stone wall in some aspect of our lives beyond which we can go no further; only when we hit "bottom" in despair and surrender, can we accomplish sobriety which we could never accomplish before.
We must, and we do, surrender in order to win.

Alcoholics Anonymous, 2nd Edition, pp. 341-2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“When someone tries to trigger you by insulting you or by doing or saying something that irritates you, take a deep breath and switch off your ego. Remember that if you are easily offended, you are easily manipulated.” ~~ Mitra Phukan
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote