Old 09-27-2020, 02:49 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 14

A Prayer for Today

Lord,
Just for this day,
Help me to understand and do your will.
Allow me the strength to face and overcome stressful situations.
Please give my family and friends the same strength, this day.
Let me try to help another human being, like I was helped.
Allow me the willingness to look for the good and serenity to accept the bad.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

God's Timetable

We have probably heard many times at meetings that God's timetable is not necessarily the same as our timetable. That events will happen as scheduled to fit a picture bigger than the picture encompassed by our egos. And frequently our patience wears thin because we aren't privy to God's timetable. But we can trust, today and always, that doors open on time. Opportunities are offered when we are ready for them. Nary a moment passes that doesn't invite us to both give and receive a special message--a particular lesson. We are always in God's care, and every circumstance of our lives is helping to mold the person we are meant to be.

So ............

Will I take a long look at where I am today and be grateful for my place?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Humility

Humility is the quality of being humble and means putting the needs of another person before your own, and thinking of others before yourself. It also means not drawing attention to yourself, and it can mean acknowledging that you are not always right.

To cultivate humility: Spend time listening to others, Practice mindfulness and focus on the present, Be grateful for what you have, Ask for help when you need it, Seek feedback from others on a regular basis, Review your actions against the language of pride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newcomer Problems

You can't make a horse drink water if he still prefers beer or is too
crazy to know what he does want. Set a pail of water beside him, tell
him how good it is and why, and leave him alone.

If people really want to get drunk, there is, so far as I know, no way
stopping this--so leave them alone and let them get drunk. But don't
exclude them from the water pail, either.

As Bill Sees It Page 14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“We are willing to turn our lives over to the care of God, as each of us understands Him. As we let ourselves be led hour-by-hour and day-by-day, our lives fall into place, and we are given inner joy and serenity.” ~~ John W., San Antonio, TX
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote