View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 02:53 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

An Amends Prayer

Dear God,
Now I pray for Your help in making me entirely ready to change my destructive patterns.
Give me the strength to deal with the character defects I’ve turned over to You.
Allow me to accept all the changes You want to make in me.
Help me to be the person You want me to be.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When I think of all who have gone before me, I realize that I am only one, not the most important, person.

What happens to me is not so very important after all. And A.A. has taught me to be more outgoing, to seek friendship by going at lest halfway, to have a sincere desire to help. I have more self-respect now that I have less sensitiveness. I have found that the only way to live comfortably with myself is to take a real interest in others.

So ............

Do I realize that I am not so important after all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Discipline

Adults, as well as children need discipline to feel secure.

Discipline means ............
understanding there are logical consequences to our behavior.
taking responsibility for our behavior and the consequences.
learning to wait for what we want.
being willing to work for and toward what we want.
learning and practicing new behaviors.
being where we need to be, when we need to be there, despite our feelings.

Discipline is the day to day performing of tasks, whether these are behaviors or washing the dishes.
Discipline involves trusting that our goals will be reached though we cannot see them

Discipline can be grueling. We may feel afraid, confused, and uncertain. Later, we will see the purpose. But this clarity of sight usually does not come during the time of discipline.We may not even believe we're moving forward.But we are.

The task at hand during times of discipline is simple: listen, trust, and obey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Truth, the Liberator

How truth makes us free is something that we A.A.'s can well understand. It cut the shackles that once bound us to alcohol. It continues to release us from conflicts and miseries beyond reckoning; it banishes fear and isolation. The unity of our Fellowship, the love we cherish for each other, the esteem in which the world holds us--all of these are products of the truth which, under God, we have been privileged to perceive.

As Bill Sees It Page 70

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"If today offers a challenge, be grateful. Challenges are gifts of awareness and growth." -- Anonymous A.A.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: