View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 04:45 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 13

Prayer for Accepting Help

Lord,
Please fill me with trust to listen and work with my doctors, to believe that they have my best interest at heart, and give me strength to not take my frustrations out on them. Accepting help isn’t always my strong suit, and I come to You now asking for assistance during this time. I don’t know all the answers and I never will. You put people in my life and direct me to those who can help me. Please let me accept them and be healed from this pain. I know that you are working through them to help heal me. I pray that I remember that always.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

The longer we're in A.A., the more natural this way of life seems.

Our old drinking lives were a very unnatural way of living. Our present sober lives are the most natural way we could possibly live. During the early years of our drinking, our lives weren't so different from the lives of a lot of other people. But as we gradually became problem drinkers, our lives became more and more unnatural.

So ............

Do I realize now that the things I did were far from natural?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Gratitude

I do not have to worry about tomorrow, because if I live well today, tomorrow will take care of itself.

When I am full of gratitude, there is no room left for anger, envy, fear, or hatred. Nor is there room for pride, since when I am grateful I am humbly aware of my dependence on my God. Being filled with gratitude is ever so much better than being filled with anger & fear!

May I be grateful today and every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spot-Checking

A spot-check inventory taken in the midst of disturbances can be of very great help in quieting stormy emotions. Today's spot check finds its chief application to situations which arise in each day's march. The consideration of long-standing difficulties had better be postponed, when possible, to times deliberately set aside for that purpose.

The quick inventory is aimed at our daily ups and downs, especially those where people or new events throw us off balance and tempt us to make mistakes.

As Bill Sees It Page 132

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still." ~ Lou Erickson
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote