View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

OPEN TO THE NEW

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler

How willing are you to learn something new? How open are you to new perspectives?

Only when we're open can we really hear what's being said or really see what's happening or really experience the moment.

Openness demands that we be willing to move to places we've never been before. It asks us to continually challenge the foundations of our belief systems so we can test out new ideas. And to do that, we need to accept insecurity.

Be open to seeing things:
- from another's point of view,
- from a higher and more inclusive perspective
- with a beginner's attitude of wonder.

"The struggle of the mind to keep itself free from every sort of bondage -- to remain curious, open, unsatiated in all its relations with nature -- is tenfold more difficult than the cultivation of a stable, satisfying point of view, but a thousandfold more precious."

-- Gardner Murphy

"Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here."
-- Iyanla VanZant

Higher Awareness

Being open to other concepts than my own was not an easy task for Ms. Perfection. To let go of the old tapes that had been playing in my head for years, to learn not to give them creadence, but recognize them for what they were and put them aside for an alternative solution wasn't easy.

When you have been told for years about 'life' from people you thought were "in the know" only to find that their truth didn't work for you, was a difficult concept to grasp.

I had become very introverted and to open myself up meant to become vulnerable, and fear of being hurt again made me want to build the wall higher instead of removing the bricks so I could see beyond what was in front of me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote