View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 4

Wisdom for Today

Once I turned my addiction over to God, I could begin to breathe easier, or at least I thought I could. But in turning things over and not running the show my way anymore, I soon discovered there was a catch. In turning over my will and my life to God's care, I needed to now cooperate with God. This meant asking for direction and then listening for the answer. So I would go to meetings and talk about the problems I was having in my life. I would get all kinds of stories from others and how they handled similar problems. I would visit with my sponsor and discuss the various options and suggestions I had heard at the meetings. Then I would pray. Soon I knew in my heart what it was that I was to do.

This was a problem. I didn't always like the answers and direction I was getting. Sometimes I even became angry at what my heart was telling me. Still, if I really was going to fully surrender, I could not argue but only follow the suggestions. To my surprise, I soon found myself getting better. My health improved. My thinking became clearer. My emotions settled down; and, best of all, the problems started to disappear. Something was happening to me. I was being transformed from an active alcoholic and addict into a recovering one. I even began to get brief glimpses of serenity. Do I cooperate with God's plans for me?

Meditations for the Heart

The spiritual aspects of the program must be learned. For me it was very much like learning to crawl and then learning to stand up. Next came taking my first steps and learning to walk the walk. There are even times now that I feel like I can even jog a little bit. Someday I hope to learn to run. My first prayers were very simple, things like, "God, help me, 'cuz I can't help myself." As I grew in my relationship with God, I found that each time I talk to Him it is a prayer. Sometimes I pray for strength. Sometimes I pray in gratitude. Sometimes I pray for wisdom, and still other times I pray for courage. As I continued to grow up spiritually and became less self-centered, I even began to pray for others. I know I still have much to learn spiritually, but I know I have many good teachers in the program. I also trust that God will continue to teach me along the way.

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Today I know that You will require much of me. I also know that it is my place to listen and follow. Help me to be a good listener. Give me willingness to cooperate with You and follow where Your will takes me. Help me always to seek You out along the way.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: