View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 15

Wisdom for Today

Before deciding to quit completely, I felt like I had been caught in a steel trap. I was in a lot of pain because of the crisis that occurred. That convinced me to look for help. I was angry that I had even stepped into this trap. I wanted to find someone or something to blame for setting the trap in the first place. But most of all I was scared, because I knew I couldn’t open the jaws of this trap. Death seemed like a legitimate option. I didn’t know where to turn for help.

I knew this was something that I could not do on my own. All I knew was that I wanted out of the trap. The program showed me a way out. First, I had to admit I couldn’t get out of the trap. Then I had to believe that God could and would open the jaws of this steel trap. Then the steps led me through a time of healing and repair. And finally I had to learn how not to step into the trap again. I did not free myself, but was set free though the steps. Yet with this new freedom came much responsibility. I needed to follow the suggestions of the program. Do I remain thankful for the new freedom I have in recovery?

Meditations for the Heart

I must have a singleness of purpose in spiritual matters. This is to seek out and follow the will of my Higher Power. In all that I do I must become willing to follow His lead. It is easy to get distracted from this singleness of purpose with things of the material world. But I cannot afford to be distracted because when I am, I put myself at risk. I start walking in places that I should not be. I start thinking in ways that will get me in trouble. I cannot allow “my addict” back out to play. I have been in the trap of active addiction and dare not risk stepping back into the jaws of that steel trap. The only way I know to do this is to have this singleness of purpose in my life. Am I learning just how important spirituality is in my recovery?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Let me start this day in gratitude for the new freedom I have. Help me to take responsibility for working the steps in all that I do. Grant me this day spiritual wisdom to follow where I am led. Let me not be afraid to ask You for direction along the way.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: