View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:29 AM   #24
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thursday, April 24, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

My life has been a tapestry of rich and royal hue, An everlasting vision of the ever changing view, A wondrous woven magic in bits of blue and gold, A tapestry to feel and see, impossible to hold.
—Carole King

Our lives are patchwork quilts of mismatched fabrics, all stitched together by an invisible seamstress. The tattered, blood-red scraps of quarrels, the beige of pastry crust baked on Saturdays in a grandmother's kitchen that always smelled sweet, the brilliant colors of our happy moments-picnics and sunsets and laughter-all these are necessary pieces of the tapestry of our lives, even our cold, white doubts and emptiness.

All the colors of life sewn together with the green thread of growth. We are a mixture of feelings and experiences. Often, we want to cut away a square of painful memory. But without it, our quilt would lose its beauty, for contrast would disappear. If a piece is removed, the rest is weakened and incomplete.

How well can I accept any pain I feel today as a part of my own beauty?
This is a hard one! Especially, with my left toe, foot and ankle all swollen and red. The problem is that there isn't much pain, so therefore I didn't pay much attention. It should be there, so the circulation is bad in my body, which I know and yet discounted it. Perhaps, because I have had pain in some form or another all of my life.

They say never fear, what you fear you will attract. One of my fears has always been not being able to get around and doing what I want to do when I want to do it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote