View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 06:18 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

May 30

Inventory
We want to find exactly how, when, and where our natural desires have warped us.
We wish to look squarely at the unhappiness this has caused others and ourselves.
By discovering what our emotional deformities are, we can move toward their correction.
Without a willing and persistent effort to do this, there can be little sobriety or
contentment for us.
- 12 Steps & 12 Traditions, p. 43

Thought to Ponder . . .
In order to recover we have to uncover.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
G I F T S = Getting It From The Steps.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Unity

" 'Practically never have I heard a heated religious, political,
or reform argument among AA members.
So long as we don't argue these matters privately,
it's a cinch we never shall publicly.'
As by some deep instinct, we AA's have known
from the very beginning that we must never,
no matter what the provocation,
publicly take sides in any fight, even a worthy one. . .
. . . We do not enter into public controversy,
because we know that our Society will perish if it does.
We conceive the survival and spread
of Alcoholics Anonymous to be
something of far greater importance
than the weight we could collectively
throw back of any other cause."
1952AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 176-77

Thought to Consider . . .
Attitudes are contagious.
Is yours worth catching?

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
BUT
Being Unconvinced Totally

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

"Finally, he found a basement bar on a quiet side street, practically deserted. He sat down on a bar stool and ordered a
double bourbon on the rocks.
"Then the bartender stopped in his tracks, took a long, hard look at the customer, leaned over the bar, and said in a low
tone, 'I was in Milwaukee about four months ago, and one night I attended an open meeting. You were on the speaking
platform, and you gave one of the finest A.A. talks I ever heard.
"For a few minutes, the customer sat there probably in a state of shock. Then he picked his money off the bar with
trembling hands and walked out, all desire for a drink drained out of him. Chicago, Illinois, USA"
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 74

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I have learned to keep quiet when I disagree and to give others freedom to express opinions widely different from my
own -- without giving in to the urge to enlighten them. I am grateful for all the voices of AA."
Alexandria, Va., March 2007
"Humble Proportion,"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a
fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends, this is an experience you must not miss."
Alcoholics Anonymous, Working With Others, pg. 89

"Yes, there is a substitute and it is vastly more than that. It is a
fellowship in Alcoholics Anonymous. There you will find release from
care, boredom and worry. Your imagination will be fired. Life will
mean something at last. The most satisfactory years of your
existence lie ahead."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, A Vision For You, pg. 152

Once we have a complete willingness to take inventory, and exert ourselves to do the job thoroughly, a wonderful light
falls upon this foggy scene.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 49

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Meditation is something which can always be further developed. It has no boundaries, of width or height or depth. Aided
by such instruction and example as we can find, it is essentially an individual adventure, something which each one of
us works out in his own way. But its object is always the same: to improve our conscious contact with God, with His
grace, wisdom, and love.
And let's always remember that meditation is in reality intensely practical. One of its first fruits is emotional balance.
With it we can broaden and deepen the channel between ourselves and God as we understand Him.

Prayer For The Day: Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote