View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 3

Prayer to Walk with Christ Today

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Please let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout my day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Meditation

[How can I make Scripture more a part of my life?]

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Father in heaven, creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon me and receive my heartfelt gratitude for all that you have done for me and for those I love. Thank you for all the grace and blessings, both spiritual and temporal, you have bestowed upon me, my loved ones, and this community of prayer: Our faith and religious heritage; our food and shelter; our health; the love we have for one another; and the lives of our Lord and friends.

Dear Father, in your infinite generosity, please grant us continued grace and blessings during the coming day. This I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, your only son, who has saved me from death. Amen.

Now the God of patience and consolation grant to me, and to all who pray in the name of Christ, to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That we may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Loving Father, help me that I may realize the depth of thy love. If I may be discouraged over my failures, speak to me hopefully and lead me out where I may find the right way to succeed. May I not be kept in sorrow, but find each day the happiness that brings a thankful heart. Amen.

Lord our God, you have made me in your own likeness and you love all that you have made. I thank you for all that has been positive in my life. I ask that I may live in such a way that I may learn from whatever I may find is negative or hurtful in my life. May my disabilities and weaknesses teach me how to be sensitive to individuals, that I may grow more caring and compassionate with others who experience difficulties. May I grow in strength of character through all that happens to me, living fully each day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your many blessings. As I face each new day, Lord, may I do so with an expectation that You will prevail in my life and help me do Your will. Help me to guard my lips and speak things that are good and right. Let me refrain my lips from all evil. Lord, I want my tongue to be an instrument of righteousness in Your ears. Help me to keep my mouth shut when I need to do so, and help me to open it and speak when You are prompting me to do so. Give me the Holy boldness to witness to others of Your love and grace, and to hold my peace when I should. I ask this in the Holy name of Jesus. Amen.

Father, we are grateful that Jesus hears our prayers, knows of our troubles and intercedes on our behalf. But there are times when we are in need of the compassion of a caring “in the flesh” friend; one who will pray, listen, lend support, and interject thoughts, experiences or suggestions that help us to bear our troublesome burdens. Instead of casting judgment they lend a thought or hand in addition to their personal time to meet our need(s). Thank you for caring friends who bear with us, lift us up out of despair, and help us discover solutions that we, by ourselves, cannot find. Help me to be that kind of friend, in the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: