View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 2

Wisdom for Today
Each of us has separate and unique gifts for service in the program. It is the combination of all of these gifts among the membership that makes the program work. All of these gifts for service work are needed within the fellowship, and all are important. For some the gift is the willingness to come in early, make coffee and greet others. For others it is the gift of running a meeting with purpose. For still others the gift is being able to reach out to the newcomer and offer encouragement and direction. Still others find that they are good at sponsoring others. And there are those that take on the role of GSR or other leadership roles within the program. It does not matter if all you do is offer to sweep the floor after the meeting; every job volunteered for is equally important. It is all needed.
Each of us has been blessed with a special gift to serve. All we need do is discover what it is and then go about providing this service. Some of us do not want to look for these gifts or offer our time to serve for the better good of the program. Yet if we are working a good program, the steps will point us in the direction of service work. We cannot allow laziness, arrogance or any other character defects to stand in the way of our willingness to serve. Instead each of us needs to seek out these opportunities and trust that the Spirit will guide us to use our gifts. We may be surprised by what we learn through these experiences. We may find out things about ourselves we had no idea were there. Remember that your willingness and the Spirit are all that is needed. Am I willing to give of my time?
Meditations for the Heart
"He shall preserve your coming in and your going out from this day forth..." All that we do in this life is guided by His hand. God will lead us as we move through our days. As we reach out to others for help, He is there with us. As we share our gifts in the program, He is with us. As we share our experience, strength and hope with someone who is suffering, He is there to guide our words. In our own struggles He is with us each hour. In our rebellion and unwillingness He stands with us, and He opens His arms to welcome us back time and time again. Regardless of where the path of recovery leads us, He is with us each step of the way. His constancy is forever. His love for us is always. He will shine brightly in our darkest times, and He will laugh with us in our joy. Do I know this Spirit guides my every movement?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Sometimes I wonder what it is You want me to do next. Grant me a heart and mind that will trust that the path You lay before me is where You want me to be. Recovery has had its ups and downs; but when I look back, I can see that You were always there for me. Increase my awareness of this in my day today. Open me to the gifts of service, and lead me with Your wisdom, strength and love.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: