View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 7

Wisdom for Today
How willing am I to sit in a meeting and listen to the same things over and over again? All of us who have stuck with the program have been to hundreds of meeting on each of the steps. We have heard story after story, some of which are long winded and others that seem to go into great detail regarding the history of addiction. We have heard comment after comment on what works and what does not. We have sat through meetings also and felt bored. If it is simply repetition and boredom that rings out in meetings, why do we keep coming back?
Well, each of us in the program needs to remember that we are not the most important person at a meeting. We all need to find patience and tolerance for others. We need to let go of our judgmental attitudes. We need to realize that when others are sharing, they are doing this for their own good. To spill out our personal history and share our ideas and discuss our views is something we all need to do. Each person at a meeting is there for themselves and their recovery. They are not there only to be of help to me. When they share their stories, ideas and concepts, we need to realize that in some way God is encouraging them. Perhaps sharing is helping them in some way. Perhaps sharing is helping someone else in the room. Meetings are not always comfortable to sit through; yet the one thing we all need to remember is that the program is more important than we are. Am I willing to be tolerant and patient in meetings? Do I put the strength of the program before my own personal needs?
Meditations for the Heart
God is the picture of unity in this life. He works to draw us all closer to Himself. He wants to be in healthy relationships with mankind in general. He also wants us to be in relationship with each other. In the program we talk of the need for the unity of the group being central to a group's success. We talk about the need for groups to be in unity with each other. This unity is of utmost importance to the survival of the program, which in turn is vital to our own survival. This unity would not be possible without the guidance of the Spirit. It also would not be possible without our personal effort. Each of us must work to insure this unity. We do this by welcoming each newcomer into the group. We do this through practicing patience and tolerance. We accomplish this unity by willingness to help each other and a willingness to put the group needs before our own needs. Do I work to support the unity of the group?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I do not know where the path I am on will lead me today, but I do know that Your guidance is necessary. Let me seek to remain in unity with You and with the program. Teach me this day to be tolerant and patient with others in the program. Help me to understand that my well-being is dependent on the program’s well-being.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: