View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

Wisdom for Today
In admitting our addiction, we acknowledge that we are powerless over alcohol and drugs. Yet in making this admission, we are also saying that we recognize that as long as alcohol and drugs are in our life, we will remain unmanageable and out of control. In step two we gain a sense of hope that we can be restored to sanity in our lives. By placing our lives in God’s hands and becoming obedient to His will, we surrender our disease, our lives, and our will. It is here that we learn that we have a choice to not let addiction have power in our lives. This freedom is to be desired more than alcohol and drugs.

We can never fully understand our addiction, its causes, or be rid of our secret faults. Yet the steps warn us this is the only way we can find freedom from the bondage of addiction. We are also told that if we are willing to take these steps, we will know great reward. Yes, recovery promises great rewards, if we are willing to go to any length to gain what the program offers. If we work the steps, addiction loses its power and dominion over us. We learn to live right, and we find the freedom to walk through life without the insanity of the disease. Have I made the choice to not let addiction have power in my life today?
Meditations for the Heart
As a child I recall playing a game of tag, where, if I was about to be tagged, I could yell out, “Force Field” and know that I was safe. This force field was imaginary, but it prevented the person who was it from tagging me. In recovery we have a force field that is real. God can and will shield us from harm's way. None of life’s daggers can cut into our lives and truly harm us when we let God become our force field. This does not mean that life will be problem free. It does mean that any
problem, any scorn from others, or any shame can be kept outside of this force field if we put our trust in our Higher Power. This trust acts as a shield we can attain. It will build an inner peace that will allow us to deal effectively with life’s problems. We learn that resentment has no place in our lives. We find a healthy path to walk on. Do I allow God to be a force in my life?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

You have given me the choice to not let addiction have power in my life today. You have shown me a healthy path to walk on. Today I will put my trust in You. I will walk the path set before me with confidence of inner peace. Let me draw on Your strength as I live this day. Guide me to the knowledge of freedom. Let me not become out of sorts with events that happen around me.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: