View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 07:42 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

Wisdom for Today
There are two days each week that we should not worry about. Two days that we don’t need to fear! Two days that we don’t have any control over! One of these days is yesterday. Yesterday is already gone. Everything that happened yesterday cannot be undone. It is beyond our control. The mistakes that we made yesterday, any cares that we had, any aches and pains, are already over. There is not anything that we can do to go back and change them. Money cannot buy back our yesterday. Prayers cannot undo what has already happened. We cannot take back the words that we said yesterday. We cannot undo a single activity that we have already completed. Yesterday is gone.
The other day that we should not worry about is tomorrow. Tomorrow brings with it all of its possible adversities, all of its promise, and all of its potential burdens. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. We do not know what tomorrow may bring, but we can be certain that tomorrow the sun will rise and set just like any other day. We will not know until tomorrow whether or not we had mistakes in this day at all. It does us no good worry about yesterday or tomorrow. We only have today. We have all of the choices that lay before us this day only. We can only try to do what is right today. Have I stopped worrying about yesterday and tomorrow?
Meditations for the Heart
As for today, worry does us no good either. God has promised that he will only give us what we can handle for this day. He has promised us that he will give us the strength that we need. He will give us courage to fight fears. He will provide inner peace to keep us centered in our day. He does not say that we will never experience temptation; He only has promised us that He will give us the strength, courage, and wisdom to deal with temptation. We only need to put our faith in our trust in Him. With this help we can face anything that happens today. With His help, we can make good choices. Today we live life on life’s terms. Today we look to make progress in our recovery and in our lives. Am I making good choices for today?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
I pray that I may face every situation that I face in this day with courage and wisdom. I pray that I may let go of yesterday and not fear tomorrow and live in this day with your guidance and help. Show me the path that I am to take today. Guide each step that I take. Let me place my faith and my trust only and you.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: