View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

Father, You are equipping me to do the work of ministering toward building up the Body of Christ. I am arriving at real mature manhood/womanhood (completeness of personality). When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man/woman, I put childish ways behind me. My life lovingly expresses truth – I speak truly, deal truly and live truly in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, continue to teach us how we should pray each day, in the same way that You taught Your disciples --

"'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.'" (Matthew 6:12)

Help us to see that we can only experience your forgiveness after we have forgiven those who have wronged us, for our hearts cannot hold Your complete forgiveness if we reserve one section for bitterness. When we forgive others, then we won't be the ones to suffer illness -- either mentally, physically, or both. We must not condone another's sin, but we do need to forgive the sinner, because You truly do know what is best for us!

"'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. *[For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen]'" (Verse 13)

Do not let us be tempted beyond our strength, Lord. Help us, to resist Satan's enticements, as You, Lord Jesus, resisted them in the desert wilderness. Remind us of the commitments that we made when we accepted You as our Lord and Savior -- to God the Father, to You, and to the Holy Spirit, who is our connection with You, our comforter, and our guide to Your truth.**

In Your holy name we pray.

Amen.

** (See John 14:15-21)
* (The earliest manuscripts omit this clause.)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, may I comprehend the sacredness of friendship. I thank thee for my friends, and for all the beautiful influences which they bring to my life. May I never hold friendship without the sincerity to return it. Correct my faults, and cause me to learn the secret of cheerful endurance, that I may be steadfast. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes to see the vision that you have for each of us, and lead us to grow in confidence in who we are, and in the faith that you call each of us by name. Show us how to live in such a way that we respect and accept others for who they are, and do not judge them as we ourselves do not want to be judged. Inspire us to be generous in praising others and in showing appreciation for their achievements. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for giving me a family that is so understanding and supportive of me in everything I do.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: