View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

Meditation

[Take away my heart of stone.]

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offenses and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for guiding us on all our ways with power from on high. We thank you that again and again you have led us through the darkness on a path of light. Looking back, we cannot be thankful enough. May our hearts turn to you and be filled with quiet certainty in all we are still awaiting. Remember us and remember the many who lie under heavy bondage. Let the time come when you will bring a great deliverance to those who are in darkness. Then we can find meaning for our lives in all that happens, knowing that you have been faithful in everything. You have done more than we asked, more than we can understand. Amen.

Dear Father God, I am ever so grateful to have access to a reservoir of wisdom, counsel, and guidance in knowing You. I know when I have a problem I can ask You how to solve it, and You always have the perfect answer. Thank you for sending my answers in many different ways, and through many different people. I have been very blessed by the family of God, as they have reached out to help in so many ways. I do appreciate the prayers of Your people. Lord, bless each person back in the form of their need. I thank you for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Bless them all and meet their needs. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: