View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

Prayer for Purity of Thought

Almighty God, who alone gave me the breath of life, and alone can keep alive in me the holy desires your Spirit brings; I pray to you, in the name of your infinite compassion, to sanctify my thoughts and endeavors this day; that I may not begin to act without a pure intention or continue it without your blessing. And grant that, having the eyes of my mind opened to behold things invisible and unseen, I may in heart be inspired by your wisdom, and in work be upheld by your strength, and in the end be accepted by you as your faithful servant; through Jesus Christ our Savior. Amen.

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Holy Spirit teach me to love the Lord my God with all my passion and prayer and intelligence…. and give me the grace to love others as well as I love myself. I accept and love myself—Your workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. I release Your love that is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit toward my family, friends and enemies. I will not return evil for evil, but will let my enemies bring out the best in me, not the worst. When someone gives me a hard time, I will respond with the energies of prayer. Father, I love You because You first loved me. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for Your loving kindness toward me. I do appreciate Your grace and mercy in my life. When I come to You asking for forgiveness of my sins, I can feel Your mighty power cleansing me. I do want You to correct me when I need it, as I do not want to get off of the path of holiness. Lord, use me to reach out to those around me with the same love You have shown me. Guide me today in the things that I should do. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with so many things to do. I am trusting You to show me the things that are priority and give me the grace and strength to do them. May I be an instrument of Your love today. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you with all our hearts because we know you are holding us by your hand and leading us on all our ways, in spite of all contradiction, strife, distress, and confusion within ourselves. What are all these compared to your love, which does not let us go but watches over us and finally brings us to what is good? Release us from our many burdens. Free our spirits and our souls more and more until we can do nothing but give praise and thanks with heart, soul, and strength for all you are to us. Amen.

Dear Lord, You are my light and salvation. With you I am not afraid and have nothing to fear. Thank you for being there for me even when the hour is darkest.

Prayer for Peace in Troubled Times

Dear Lord, in these troubled times make your presence known to all the peoples around the world so that they may see peace as the only way to salvation. Replace the anger and violence in our hearts with joy and tranquility and help us to seek the good in everyone. Cause us all to realize that without you we can do nothing that will bring us peace and joy. Thank you for hearing and answering our prayers. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: