View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

Prayer to Dedicate Oneself to Christ This Day

Almighty God, as I cross the threshold of this day, I commit myself Your care. Mold me in your image. In everything I say and do, let my mind be on the eternal goodness of heaven rather than the vanities of earth, meaningless pride, or the anger and envy that tear apart my precious soul. I dedicate myself to your holiness, Oh sweet and innocent Christ, and pray that you may be with me, to check my tongue before it can speak evil and to stop my hand when it seeks to sin. I come to you as a child. I will look to you for guidance and wisdom. Let me know the joyful feeling of having done something that pleased you; let me never feel the pain of knowing I have disappointed you. And let me live without fear, without confusion, always steady in the certainty of your forgiveness and ultimate victory, I pray, Amen.

Meditation

[Let me check my tongue before it can speak evil.]

Prayer of Praise (from Psalm 86)

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me. Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; and no works like those you have done. All nations whom you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; and will glorify your name. For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone. Teach me your way, Lord, and I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name forever. Amen.

Now, to God the Father, who first loved us, and made us accepted in the Beloved; to God the Son, who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood; to God the Holy Ghost, who sheddeth the love of God abroad in our hearts, be all love and all glory in time and to all eternity. Amen. ~ by John Wesley (1760)

Father, I acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Empowered by Your Spirit, I purpose to keep Your decrees and commands, which You have given me, so that it may go well with me and my children after me, and that I may live long in the land the Lord my God gives me for all time. To the glory of God the Father, I acknowledge that Jesus is Lord of my home, ministry and the work place. Jesus is Lord of my life! Amen

Dear Lord, I haven't really understood Your Word until I realize that it is full of paradoxes, and until I truly accept Your sovereignty, have I? ... Sometimes You want me to be healed, and my spirit senses this; other times You may use my illness for Your purposes, or to test the depth of my faith. ... Let me learn to "count it all joy,"* and to trust You completely. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

* (See James 1:2)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

O God, I pray that thou wilt search me, and in the silent moments show me myself without obstruction. Breathe upon me thy awakening breath, that I may be revived to nobler activities. Amen.

Loving Lord, inspire me to bring out the best in others and “touch hearts” by being welcoming and generous and always positive in attitude, showing individuals that they matter and are important. May those who are part of my life this day treat me in the same way as I treat them. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the many blessings that are mine because I belong to You. I am most blessed. Lord, use me to bless others with the overflow of the blessings You have given me. Lord, encourage Your people today that need hope and faith. Father, remove all vestiges of pride from my heart as I desire to be truly humble before You and others. I trust You to fight my battles for me as I look to You in faith. Thank you for meeting my needs. I know You will never leave me nor forsake me. Bless all my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Amen.

Father in heaven, may we recognize and acknowledge that you are God. You have made us, and not we ourselves, to be your people and the sheep of your pasture. Baptize us with the truth we need throughout our lives. Give us the gift to discern who we are and what we should become. Free our eyes from all deception so that we can no longer delude ourselves with short-lived, earthly things. Clear our eyes to see what is eternal in and around us. Make us children, true children, who awake to exult and rejoice in what is childlike and who give thanks to you, O God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: