Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Know that acceptance is the key, the last week has been a struggle to find it on occasion.

Know it is the answer, and know it is the key, and yet I felt like if I accept what is, I am giving up my power to another person and my space, and not willing to giving up my boundaries. I had to reset them, set some ground rules, make people aware that they were there and that there are consequences to their actions. My new favourite saying is, "Don't give up, give over."

Talked to my friend today, hadn't heard from her in a while. I called and said, "Are you in the land of the living?" She said, "I haven't heard from you and wondered why." I said, "Well I called and got a do not disturbed response from your husband and I left a message and didn't get a call back, so I figured you were on a time out." I just accepted where she was at and figured she would call me when she was ready. I got the thought to call her three day in a row, so I picked up the phone. She sounded much better. I had to accept where she was at.

Acceptance is the key to all my problems in today. Whether it be with me or with someone else. It helps me to not take on other people's stuff.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote