View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #89
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

The passage written at the original source isn't applicable. This is my choice.

This is the prayer when I am filled with resentment:

"This person who offended me, is a sick person. God save me from being angry. I need to avoid retaliation or argument. I wouldn't treat a sick people this way. If I do, I will destroy my chances of being helpful to them. God help me show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that I would cheerfully grant a sick friend. I cannot be helpful to all people, but at least, God show me how to take a kindly and tolerant view of this person and all else that I feel angry with or hurt. How can I be helpful to this person? Your will be done. Show me my part in this problem and show me if I need to make amends. I know fear and pride are an underlying problem in this situation. Fear somehow touches about every aspect of my relationships. It is an evil and corroding thread. It has set in motion trains of circumstances which brought me misfortune I felt I didn't deserve. But, somehow this fear started with me and my reactions. I know I always want to run the show but now You are my director. I am in the world to play the role You assigned me. Just to the extent that I do as I think You would have me, and humbly rely on You, You will enable me to match calamity with serenity.

Demonstrate, through me what You can do. I ask You to remove my resentment fear and direct my attention to what You would have me be."

- unknown

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote