View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Speak Words that Build Up

by Gail Rodgers

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but (say) only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God…” Ephesians 4:29

prayer to action this in my life:

Dear Father in Heaven,
It is not possible for me to keep my mouth from speaking things it should not. I need Your power to guard my tongue. Father, today help me to think before I speak. Help me to feel that nudge of Your Holy Spirit and respond before words rush out of my mouth unbidden. Father, I need you to help me to know what to say that will be helpful in building my individual family members up rather than saying words that tear down or hurt. Please make me aware, by Your divine power, of their needs so I can respond in a way that benefits them. Help me to run to You with the frustrations and anger and let You defuse it and send me back with grace on my lips. Help me to be bold when issues need addressing, but gentle and loving in the way I address them. Father, You are the only one that can perform this miracle in my life. I look to You today to set a guard at my heart and my mouth for I do not want to grieve You. Forgive me for the times I have and walk with me so closely today for I need the help of Your Holy Spirit.
In Jesus Name, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote