View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 06:23 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

June 19

Our Will
It is when we try to make our will conform with God's that we begin to use it rightly.
To all of us, this was a most wonderful revelation.
Our whole trouble had been the misuse of willpower. We had tried to bombard our problems
with it instead of attempting to bring it into agreement with God's intention for us.
- 12 Steps & 12 Traditions, p. 40

Thought to Ponder . . .
Willpower ... our will-ingness to use a Higher Power.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S W A T = Surrender, Willingness, Action, Trust.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Progress
"Day by day, we try to move a little
toward God's perfection.
So we need not be consumed by maudlin guilt
for failure to achieve His likeness and image by Thursday next.
Progress is our aim,
and His perfection is the beacon, light-years away,
that draws us on."
Bill W., Letter, 1966
1967AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 15

Thought to Consider . . .
There is no progress without change.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
G O D = Good Orderly Direction

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

It keeps getting better
>From "Getting Active:"
"After our first month's sobriety, many of us notice a distinct difference. After three months, our minds seem still clearer. And during our second year of recovery, the change is striking. More mental energy seems available to us than ever before."
Living Sober, page 16

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Sobriety isn't a discrete list of tasks that you do and then check off; it's a state of being that pervades every aspect of your life."
Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 2008
"Lost in Translation,"
AA Grapevine

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning. A much
more important demonstration of our principles lies before us in our
respective homes, occupations and affairs."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 19~

Humility...
Humility... is a perpetual quietness of heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore; to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing against. It is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in, shut the door, and kneel to my Higher Power in secret. Where I can be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is seeming trouble.
-- Inscription on Dr. Bob's desk . . .

"In a few seconds he was overwhelmed by a conviction of the Presence
of God. It poured over and through him with the certainty and
majesty of a great tide at flood. The barriers he had built through
the years were swept away. He stood in the Presence of Infinite
Power and Love. He had stepped from bridge to shore. For the first
time, he lived in conscious companionship with his Creator."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 56~

"At last I was released from the bondage of my uniqueness."
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 450 (He Lived Only to Drink)

"I insisted that few drunks could ever get well on their own steam, but that in our groups we could do together what we could not do separately."
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 152 (Tradition Five)

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We have seen A.A.'s ask with much earnestness and faith for God's explicit guidance on matters ranging all the way from a shattering domestic or financial crisis to a minor personal fault, like tardiness. A man who tries to run his life rigidly by this kind of prayers, by this self-serving demand of God for replies, is a particularly disconcerting individual. To any questioning or criticism of his actions, he instantly proffers his reliance upon prayer for guidance in all matters great or small.
He may have forgotten the possibility that his own wishful thinking and the human tendency to rationalize have distorted his so-called guidance. With the best of intentions, he tends to force his will into all sorts of situations and problems with the comfortable assurance that he is acting under God's specific direction.

Prayer for the Day: Higher Power, remove my delusion of uniqueness and allow me to humbly connect with my fellows.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote