View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 06:16 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 19

Wisdom for Today

My drinking and drugging kept leading me from one dead end to another. Despite all the signs along the way, I kept up this vicious circle and kept coming back to the same dead end. This was the insanity of my illness; I couldn’t learn from my drinking and drug using experience. Despite all the consequences of my use, I kept going making the same mistakes over and over. I refused to accept the evidence. I couldn’t face the truth. I wouldn’t even consider that there might be a way out of the insanity.

In part, I continued in this insanity because I could not believe or hope for anything better. This false pride and my inability to be honest kept me trapped. The program offered me something different, a road that led somewhere. When I first started going to meetings, I was not an instant convert. But, over time I saw others finding their way out of the insanity. They were no different
than I, and they were making it. Finally, I had hope that life was not a dead end. Am I still spinning in circles and going down dead ends?
Meditations for the Heart

I sometimes sit and realize the gifts I have gotten along this new path and sit in awesome wonder. None of the wonderful things that have happened are because of what I have done. They are the gifts of recovery. Life still has problems and some of them can be difficult, but I rest assured that God will do for me what I cannot do for myself. He gives me strength for the journey. I still have to walk the walk each and every day. Yet I know I will find the answers I need if I just follow God’s will for me. Am I willing to let God be my guide today?
Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Help me stay on the narrow path. Guide me and direct me to the next right thing. Help me be open to your will for me and give me the strength and courage to follow where you will lead me.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: