View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:26 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Many could recover if they had the opportunity we have enjoyed. How then shall we present that which has been so freely given us?

We have concluded to publish an anonymous volume setting forth the problem as we see it. We shall bring to task our combined experperience and knowledge. This should suggest a useful program for anyone concerned with a drinking problem. - Pg. 19 - There Is A Solution

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

The whole of our first year is a withdrawal period. This is a condition of chaos: chaotic emotions, chaotic thoughts, chaotic family situations, chaotic desires. But we take one step at a time, one hour at a time and the chaos eventually calms.

I know everything changes and the chaos will pass in these changes as long as I don't use mind-affecting chemicals.

One of my all time favourites, have been reading and sharing it for years.

=====

Blaming Others

Today, I understand that dumping blame on someone else does not relieve pain or make my life better in any way. If I reach out to others by attacking and blaming them, how can I expect them to hear anything that I say? If I want to be heard, I need to risk being see -- not as I wish to be seen but as I am. I ask too much of someone else when I say obnoxious things and yet insist on being heard. If I really want someone to understand me, I need to risk being vulnerable and let me feelings show. Pointing a finger at someone else will only make them want to point a finger at me. It is hard to feel vulnerable, but with practice, it will become easier. I will be left with more of my real self if I don't tear at the self of someone else.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

A fear faced is a fear erased.

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

An early fear was that of slips or relapses. At first nearly every alcoholic we approached began to slip, it indeed he sobered up at all. Others would stay dry six months or maybe a year and then take a skid. This was always a genuine catastrophe. We would all look at each other and say, Who next?
Today, through slips are a very serious difficulty, as a group we take them in stride. Fear has evaporated. Alcohol always threatens the individual, but we know that it cannot destroy the common welfare.

<<<>>>

'It does not seem to pay to argue with 'slippers' about the proper method of getting dry. After all, why should people who are drinking tell people who are dry how it should be done?
'Just kid the boys along--ask them if they are having fun. If they are too noisy or troublesome, amiably keep out of their way.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Rather than getting even with those that hurt you, the challenge is to get even with those that help you.

I can't be resentful and grateful at the same time.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

One way to tell how well you are practicing the principles in all of your affairs is to notice how you treat people who can be of no service to you.

=====

Think the same - React the same - Say the same - Expect the same - and you will feel the same - Soldier Billy.

Don't expect and you will not be disappointed - Soldier Billy.

Resentment makes resentment - Soldier Billy.

Drinking on a problem is like trying to put a fire out with petrol - Soldier Billy.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: