View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Releasing of Perfectionism

Today, I will not demand that my life be perfect in order for me to love it, nor will I demand that all my relationships be perfect for me to value and respect them. If I try to make my life and relationships perfect, I will be constantly engaged in a neurotic battle with my transitory illusion of perfection. There is no such thing as an ideal, and to insist that life be ideal is to miss the forest for the trees. I will not condemn myself to the constant feeling that I have drawn the short straw. Perfection is in the eyes of the beholder -- it is subjective. I will not ask the moment to be more than the moment -- I will not be conditional in my love.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

I didn't get my life back in this program... I got my life for the first time.

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We give thanks to our Heavenly Father, who through so many friends and through many means and channels, has allowed us to construct this wonderful edifice of the spirit in which we are now dwelling--this cathedral whose foundations already rest upon the corners of the earth.
On its great floor we have inscribed our Twelve Steps of recovery. On the side walls, the buttresses of A.A. Traditions have been set in place to contain us in unity for as long as God may will it so. Eager hearts and hands have lifted the spire of our cathedral into its place. That spire bears the name of service. May it ever point straight upward toward God.

'Its is not only to the few that we owe the remarkable developments in our unity and in our ability to carry A.A.'s message everywhere. It is to the many; indeed, it is to the labors of all of us that owe these prime blessings.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Humility is not so much thinking less of yourself as it is thinking of yourself less.

True humility is accepting myself without embellishment and without embarrassment.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

You need newcomers to tell you where you came from; old-timers, to tell you where you could go, and a sponsor to tell you where you are at.

=====

Resentment - The best cure is to ask your self: Have I ever done what I am resenting that person for? - Soldier Billy.

I have never met anyone who came into AA because the price of alcohol was raised - Soldier Billy.

The very things that once destroyed me, have become the very foundations of who I am today in recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: