View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Whether the family goes on a spiritual basis or not, the alcoholic member has to if he would recover. The others must be convinced of his new status beyond the shadow of a doubt. Seeing is believing to most families who have lived with a drinker. - Pg. 135 - The Family Afterward

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

When we describe recovery as 'accepting a fate worse than death,' we don't understand the true nature of acceptance. This is called the 'sigh and die' syndrome. Rather than dwell on what can't be changed, we learn to do what is right at this moment, in this hour.

I don't want to be a part of the 'sigh and die' syndrome. Right this moment, I will pick up another book on recovery and read one page, any page, and that will break the spell.

=====

A Healthy Heart

Today, I will pray for help in forgiveness. My prayers have power in unseen realms. Research has borne out over and over again that prayer can be as effective a healer as medication at times. I will rely on the deep truth of the power of the unseen; invisible hands will guide my prayer. There is a peace within me that surpasses all understanding. Today, I will cultivate that peace by taking time to go within. The world within me is as real as anything I see. It sustains and nurtures me. It is of more value to me than I can imagine. I need this part of me to be alive and well. I need a healthy heart.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

If you refuse to accept anything but the best you very often get it.

(Really like this, what I put out, I get back. As a friend told me many years ago, put it out the the Universe and see what you get back.)

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

An improved perception of humility starts a revolutionary change in our outlook. Out eyes begin to open to the immense values which have come straight out of painful ego-puncturing. Until now, our lives have been largely devoted to running from pain and problems. Escape via the bottle was always our solution.
Then, in A.A., we looked and listened. Everywhere we saw failure and misery transformed by humility into priceless assets.

<<<>>>

To those who have made progress in A.A., humility amounts to a clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to become what we could be.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Don't get �seeking serenity' con-fused with �seeking utopia.' The Twelve-Step programs do not open the gates of heaven to let us in, they open the gates of hell to let us out.

I feel lighter and better about myself when I don't expect a perfect world simply because I am clean and sober.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Sponsors: they won�t let you, get you.

(Always said I was my worst enemy.)

=====

Drinking on a problem is like trying to put a fire out with petrol - Soldier Billy.

Resentment - The best cure is to ask your self: Have I ever done what I am resenting that person for? - Soldier Billy.

I have never met anyone who came into AA because the price of alcohol was raised - Soldier Billy.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote