View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 02:31 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

We will be more reconciled to discussing ourselves with another person when we see good reasons why we should do so. The best reason first: If we skip this vital step, we may not overcome drinking. Time after time newcomers have tried to keep to themselves certain facts about their lives. Trying to avoid this humbling experience, they have turned to easier methods. Almost invariably they got drunk. - Pgs. 72-73 - Into Action

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

The worst form of blindness is emotional blindness. We say 'love is blind' but we must recognize that 'hate is blind', 'fear is blind', and 'anger is blind' as well. Intense emotions obscure our sight and in this first month, our emotions run amuck. We must accept this and use our program, treatment center, counselor, sponsor, and meetings as our 'seeing eye dog.'

My Spiritual Source helps me recognize that my emotions are more intense now then usual. I may not be seeing life as clearly as I will in the future.

=====

Emotional Recovery

Our Own Good

Today, I accept that I do not always know what is best for me. There are times when I am completely confused about what to do for myself and for those around me, because I can't see how my own issues are surfacing and coloring my present. These are the days when I need to pray and to understand that my prayers are heard. I never whisper to God that I am not heard. Prayer is my medium for change and growth. It is with me all the time, and there is no moment when I can't elevate my consciousness and conscious contact through it. It is my way of talking to my higher self and turning over my lower self to the loving, compassionate care of a Higher Power.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

Funny... I ruined my health by drinking to other's!

Me too!

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

The real question is whether we can learn anything from our experiences upon which we may grow and help others to grow in the likeness and image of God.

We know that if we rebel against doing that which is reasonably possible for us, then we will be penalized. And we will be equally penalized if we presume in ourselves a perfection that simply is not there.

Apparently, the course of relative humility and progress will have to lie somewhere between these extremes. In our slow progress away from rebellion, true perfection is doubtless several millennia away.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Progress, not perfection� No matter how long you have been in recovery, no matter how long you have worked the steps, you will never raise above the level of human being.

I claim spiritual progress today, not spiritual perfection.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Take the First Step, not the Thirst Step

=====

Member Submitted Quotes - Archive Page

Keep coming back... it works if you LIVE it!

Without Him, I can't.... without me, He won't!

The first thing you put in front of your sobriety is the second thing you'll lose.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote