View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 02:17 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Perhaps you have a husband who is at large, but who should be committed. Some men cannot or will not get over alcoholism. When they become too dangerous, we think the kind thing is to lock them up, but of course a good doctor should always be consulted. The wives and children of such men suffer horribly, but not more than the men themselves.

But sometimes you must start life anew. We know women who have done it. If such women adopt a spiritual way of life their road will be smoother. - Pg. 114 - To Wives

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. We are not suggesting we are stupid, but our disease is. It will do anything it can to keep us using even though it ultimately means death of itself along with the body. But through following a few SIMPLE suggestions we can release ourselves from the stupidity.

May I understand that my stupid disease will argue and complicate simple procedures so it can gain a foothold in the confusion it creates. KISS off addiction.

=====

Tian Dayton, PhD. - Book Quotes - Emotional Sobriety

Freeing Me

Today, I understand that in forgiving someone else I free myself. I held back on forgiveness because it seemed too kind an act for those who had hurt me. Why should I make them feel good? Why should I let them off the hook? I understand now that forgiving someone else and letting go - when I am truly ready - dissolves the resentment that is stored within me. I will not jump to forgiveness too quickly, forcing myself to do what I am not sincerely able to do. I will not forgive because it is the right thing to do. I will fully feel and acknowledge all that blocks me, and I will give myself the time I need to do this. When I do forgive, it will be to set myself free, to let go of the past and move on.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

Unless I accept my virtues, I will be overwhelmed with my faults.

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We alcoholics are the biggest rationalizers in the world. Fortified with the excuse that we are doing great things for A.A., we can, through broken anonymity, resume our old and disastrous pursuit of personal power and prestige, public honors, and money--the same implacable urges that, when frustrated, once caused us to drink.

<<<>>>

Dr. Bob was essentially a far more humble person than I, and anonymity came rather easily to him. When it was sure that he was mortally afflicted, some of his friends suggested that there should be a monument erected in honor of him and his wife, Anne--befitting a founder and his lady. Telling me about this, Dr. Bob grinned broadly and said, 'God bless 'em. They mean well. But let's you and me get buried just like other folks.'

In the Akron cemetery where Dr. Bob and Anne lie, the simple stone says not a word about A.A. This final example of self-effacement is of more permanent worth to A.A. than any amount of public attention or any great monument.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

People in our fellowships who think they are too big to do little things are perhaps too little to be asked to do big things.

I remember where I came from.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

You can�t be fired for on-the-job sobriety.

=====

Member Submitted Quotes - Archive Page

One day at a time, is like building a house one brick at a time,
if you don't take another drink until the day you die, you would have built a castle.

Then, I lived a life of Hell, Got Sober, Now I live A HELLUVA LIFE.

You can take the rum out of fruit cake but you still have fruit cake!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote