Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 02:46 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
When one door closes, another door opens. It's waiting in the hallway that's hell. I am not a slow learner. I am just, sometimes, a slow accepter.

Pocket Sponsor - Book

This really speaks volumes to me. I am aware, that another door opens, sometimes a window and to my way of thinking, it can be a tunnel, an underground passage, whatever it is, it is available if I choose to take it.

I too am not a slow learner but I need to learn to slow things down and give somethings more time to process before I react. I am better than I was, but something that God and I still need to work on. It is a daily thing, some days are better than others.

And as they say, acceptance is the key. Most times for me to find acceptance, it is a process. I quite often have to knaw on it a little bit, before I can come to a decision. Quite often I have to deliberate and ask, "Is this one yours God or mine?" Sometimes I even ask Him to rethink His answer or change His mind and have even been known to try to prove Him wrong.

I know He knows best, yet I firmly believe He leads and guides me. If I am doing His will, how come I got to where I did and then I have to give it some more thought. Generally, it is that I got side tracked, took a wrong turn, misunderstood, or someone else got in the way, and I allowed it and gave up my own power. When that happens, I have to accept my own failings, and surrender and turn them back over to Him again.

When I just accept what is, in the moment, life doesn't get any better than that.
Have looked up just about every article I have posted on acceptance tonight. I think a lot of my stress has been lack of acceptance with what has been going on with my landlord, a lot of promises, but piss poor results if there is any action done. I guess those words show there is also a little bit of anger than needs to be let go of too. Finally I told the head honcho that if things didn't get done, I was going to contact Health Care. More will be revealed, and each day will be a process of accepting what is in the moment. Very much, one day at a time. There is no other way, so why try? Duh!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 10-05-2014 at 10:54 AM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote