View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #14
yukonm
Administrator

September 14

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one. They are restless, irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks -- drinks which they see others taking with impunity. - Pg. xxix - 4th. Edition - The Doctor's Opinion

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Letting go of the past and the present is to admit powerlessness. This means that the outcome is not in your hands.

All I can do is the best I can do. I know that the results are in the hands of my Higher Power.

Staying Calm

Peace begins with me. I need to remember that emotions run high during recovery. My joys are higher and my longings are stronger. The world is more intense than it usually is. When I forget this, I start to feel out of step if I'm not where I think I should be, I compare my insides with everybody else's outsides and use that to make myself wrong. I want to push away my inner world and I get a little afraid of what I'm experiencing if it doesn't fit my image what I'm supposed to be feeling. Then I engage in a cover up, only the person I am covering up is me. When I do that, I am only half there. Today I will let myself have my full range of feelings, knowing that they may, at times, be a bit of a roller coaster, but knowing also, that I will land comfortably at the end of the ride.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

They say that you need only one meeting a week but it might be a good idea to go to one every night so you don't miss the one you need!

Seven days without a meeting makes one weak.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

The people you hang with are the people you hang with.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am most grateful for the guidance I am receiving in my recovery.

The more I open myself up to admitting I can't do it alone, the more I realize help is always there.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I'm not the type who came out of blackouts screaming: Cover me I'm going in! I came out at the dry cleaners with the assistant saying; 'Boxed...or wrapped?' With an expression which said that he'd been asking this for some time and hadn't had any response - What do you say? 'Could you repeat that? I just got here myself.' - Charlie C.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote