View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
yukonm
Administrator

April 9

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

But it is clear that we made our own misery. God didn't do it. Avoid then, the deliberate manufacture of misery, but if trouble comes, cheerfully capitalize it as an opportunity to demonstrate His omnipotence. - Pg. 133 - The Family Afterward

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

By witnessing the miracle of recovery happening for others, we can come to believe that this miracle can happen for us as well. Look at the miracles around you, 1 month off drugs, 3 months, 6 months or years. You are surrounded by living miracles.

Let me know that all the living miracles around me once felt as desperate as I--and that I too am a miracle every hour I stay away from that first fix, pill, drink, toke, or snort.

Empowering My Own Day

There are no victims, only volunteers. If there is something I don't like in the way things are going for me, I will see what I can change. I can change the subject if someone goes on and on about things that I don't want to talk about. I can change my routines or change the way I get to where I am going, I can set boundaries with my time if I am feeling over scheduled. My time and what I do with it is precious to me, it is all I have to call my very own. I won't throw it away and then blame someone else gobbling it up. I have a right to protect the quiet and enjoyment of my day, to do more of those things that give me pleasure and fewer of those things that run me down. If I am living up to my responsibilities, that is enough.

I won't throw my time away with both hands

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

One of the joys of this program is the path it provides us with to do the right thing. Our steps don't give us a whole lot of room for justifications. There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

I learn to do the next right thing, not the next 'me' thing.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Whenever you try to get even, you get even worse.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

My heart is open to all that happens in my life today. There is such joy in being alive and feeling everything with a full and open heart.

'Sometimes we turn to God when our foundations are shaking, only to find out it is God who is shaking them.' -- Unknown

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I thought controlled drinking was; you drink all you can and then try to control yourself. - Sean A.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote