View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 04:45 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 23

Caring is the greatest thing; caring matters most.

~Friedrich von Hügel

The Third Step clearly asks us to turn our wills and lives over to the care of our Higher Power. Care is to become our guide when we choose our actions. Is it caring for an alcoholic to drink? No. Is it caring for an addict to turn to drugs instead of people? No. Is it caring for us to not seek help when we need it? No. Whenever we are at a crossroad, let us stop and look for the caring path. If we can't find the caring path, we ask our sponsors or those who have gone before to help us find the way.

Care is the path of our Higher Power; it is the path of recovery. We will learn in recovery that care is the greatest and best guide we could ever have. It is our Higher Power’s gift to us.
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to seek out and find the caring path. Help me to care again for others and myself. Let my last words of the day, and especially my actions, be those of care.
Today's Action

I will list five ways I can act in caring ways toward myself and others today. Then I will put this list into action.

Today's reading is from the book God Grant Me: More Daily Meditations from the Authors of Keep It Simple*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: