View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 15

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Lord, you have brought me to the beginning of a new day. As the world is renewed fresh and clean, so I ask you to renew my heart with your strength and purpose. Forgive me the errors of yesterday and bless me to walk closer in your way today. This is the day I begin my life anew; shine through me so that every person I meet may feel your presence in my soul. Take my hand, precious Lord, for I cannot make it by myself. Through Christ I pray and live, Amen.

Meditation

[“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.”]

For Faith

Most High, Glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my mind. Give me a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity, so that I may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will. Amen.

Father, your Spirit lives in me, and I am swift to hear. I have learned it’s more important to listen than to be heard. I purpose to be slow to speak, and choose the words I speak with grace. I am slow to become angry. May my recreated human spirit, under the control of the Holy Spirit bear fruit — joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, as I find myself living in the rapidly changing and fast-paced society of today, one in which misinformation and temptations to follow "other gods" are rampant, help me to see it all as a test of my own Christian beliefs and of the truth of Your Word. ... Through all the darkness and uncertainty of today, let me live as though all were light! Surely that will be my spirit's greatest test, won't it? ... Help me to remember to keep my eyes on You, for You have declared Yourself to be the LIGHT and the WAY; and while remembering, let me "count it all joy!" *

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

*(James 1:2)

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

May we learn to value and appreciate one another, bringing out the best in those around us. May what is not good die within us, and may we bring life to all we meet. Amen.

No Room for Boasting

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

Dear Father, you of whom we boast,

Why have you chosen the weak, the foolish, the despised? You have done this so that no human being can boast. And we do not! We cast our lives at your feet. You alone are worthy!

You are the source of our lives in Christ Jesus, whom you made to be everything to us. He is our wisdom and our righteousness. He is our sanctification and our redemption.

Therefore, as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast of the Lord" - and we do!

In the name of Jesus, by his wisdom and authority, I ask these things. Amen.

“A Prayer Of Thanks For Redemption”

Father, in Your compassion You crush our sins under Your feet and throw them in the depths of the ocean, to be remembered no more. And yet there are times when we have great difficulty letting go of past sins to the extent of dwelling on them and getting weighed down by guilt and self-condemnation. Help us to let go of that which You have forgiven. If we are to remember anything of our past, let it be that which brings glory to You as we share with others that which You have forgiven and delivered us from. May the contrast of our former lives not bring up condemnation which You have freed us from, but instead provide witness that there is nothing beyond Your merciful pardon. To God be the glory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

What Need I Fear?

Alone with none but thee, my God,
I journey on my way.
What need I fear when thou art near,
Oh king of night and day?
More safe am I within thy hand
Than if a host did round me stand.

- St. Columba (521-597)

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for being so good to us. When I count my blessings they are many! Lord, as I daily seek You, may I always be willing to change those things that are not pleasing to You. I know if I surrender them to You, You will empower me to overcome the things that are not like You. Help all of us who are called by Your name so that we might reflect Your love to a world that needs You so much. Thank You for Your strength to carry out Your will daily. I thank You that You promised never to leave me, nor forsake me. I am not alone. I love You. I ask these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: