Old 04-04-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

April 4

Choice
When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could not
postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either
God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is, or He isn’t.
What was our choice to be?
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 53.

Thought to Ponder . . .
God seldom becomes a reality until God becomes a necessity.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
B I G B O O K = Believing In God Beats Our Old Knowledge.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Sunlight
"When the thought was expressed to me
that there might be a God personal to me,
I didn't like the idea.
So my friend Ebby made what then seemed
a novel suggestion.
He said, 'Why don't you choose
your own conception of God?'
That statement hit me hard.
It melted the icy intellectual mountain
in whose shadow I had lived and shivered many years.
I stood in the sunlight at last."
Bill W., Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 12
As Bill Sees It, p. 313

Thought to Consider . . .
Joy isn't the absence of pain-- it's the presence of God.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
LET GO
Leave Everything To God, Okay?

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Release
>From "On a Winter Day":
"I knew I had to have a new beginning, and this beginning had to be here. I could not start anywhere else. I had to let go
of the past and forget the future. As long as I held on to the past with one hand and grabbed at the future with the other
hand, I had nothing to hold on to today with. So I had to begin here, now.
"The next time I went back to my A.A. group, the "happy hypocrites" looked different to me. I began to see love in their
eyes, a greater warmth than I had ever seen before. I mentioned it to my sponsor, and he said, 'The reason you see
love in these people's eyes is because you are beginning to love them. The love that we see in their eyes is the
reflection of our own love. We have got to love to be loved.'--Decatur, Georgia"
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 46

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I am responsible as a trusted servant to be informed -- my group expects and deserves that. That responsibility
requires me to take action, to do some reading, and to find out what the principles say -- not what I think ... The beautiful
thing about AA is that we don't have to reinvent the wheel. We have directions and guidelines that we can follow; they
were hammered out on the anvil of experience by those who have gone before us."
San Carlos, California, October 1994
"The Anvil of Experience,"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for
alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the
maintenance of our spiritual condition. Pg. 85 - Into Action

"God has abundantly supplied this world with fine doctors,
psychologists, and practitioners of various kinds. Do not hesitate to
take your health problems to such persons. Most of them give
freely of themselves, that their fellows may enjoy sound minds and bodies."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 133~

Prayer is the raising of the heart and mind to God – and in this sense it includes meditation.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 102

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

...In All Our Affairs
The chief purpose of A.A. is sobriety. We all realize that without sobriety we have nothing.
However, it is possible to expand this simple aim into a great deal of nonsense, so far as the individual member is
concerned. Sometimes we hear him say, in effect, 'Sobriety is my sole responsibility. After all, I'm a pretty fine chap,
except for my drinking. Give me sobriety, and I've got it made!'
As long as our friend clings to this comfortable alibi, he will make so little progress with his real life problems and
responsibilities that he stands in a fair way to get drunk again. This is why A.A.'s Twelfth Step urges that we 'practice
these principles in all our affairs.' We are not living just to be sober; we are living to learn, to serve, and to love. LETTER, 1966

Prayer For The Day: May all I do today begin with you, O Lord. Plant dreams and hopes within my soul and revive my tired spirit: be with me today. Be at my side and walk with me; be my support, that your hand may be seen in every action I take, that your goodness may be in every word I speak, and that your spirit may inhabit my every thought. Make my thoughts, my work, and my very life blessings for your kingdom. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote